Interview Questions Headline Animator

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Google Code Search...

Google Code Search - RegExp on Google

I'm fast becoming addicted to Google Code Search, even though there's no site-specific meta (e.g., the equivalent of site: in a standard Google searchphrase), and I'm going to have to go through deep circles of the Inferno to get the massive ddj.com code archives indexed. At least part of the appeal, here, is that GCS uses regular expressions -- letting you drill, drill, drill down to the precise snippet of code you want to review. This morning, I was using it to track down C++ implementations of the Mersenne Twister RNG (because I need to translate it into a very weird and obscure scripting language used by the front-end for a popular MMORPG, so my consortium can play Texas Hold 'Em in virtual reality ... everybody has a hobby, right?)...

 
 
Nilotpal Das
Consultant - Microsoft Technology Practice
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kanbay Software (I) Ltd.., Cell Phone: +91-98600-59190