Interview Questions Headline Animator

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Google Calendar Synch... Bro ha ha...


Google launches Calendar Synch. This provides 2 way Synch with your Outlook Calendar. So every time I make an update on my Calendar on outlook, it automatically synchronizes it with the Google Calendar. So if my home
machine has Calendar Synch running, it would also synchronize my home machine outlook calendar with the Google Calendar. So all I have to do is make an update on one of the machines and my desktop, my laptop, my IPhone, everything stays in sync.
So I wonder what I would really do with this. I don't have an IPhone. My Sony Ericsson P990i syncs the Calendar I have on my laptop. I don't maintain my Outlook Calendar anywhere else. Since I carry My phone everywhere. All the Updates that I do I do only on my Phone and My laptop Outlook Calendar more works like a back up of my phone data.
Yes there is one small thing. All the meeting invites that I get, since I don't have the Blackberry service yet, don't get synchronized on the go. But as one of my ex-seniors used to say, "If you can't get in touch with me at home and if you can't get in touch with me at work and if you can't get in touch with me on my cell, don't get in touch with me. I am probably avoiding you."
Ok sounds good. But I do accept that I am not 100% "synched" on the move. So my next phone will facilitate me in doing that.
So considering that Microsoft had a utility like that which would sync windows live, outlook, hotmail calendars, I really ask myself. Do I really need something like that? Would I ever use it? Or is that small icon on my task bar adding more clutter to my windows registry and my installed programs?