Interview Questions Headline Animator

Monday, April 28, 2008

Update on future plans on my career... Just a reminder...

So what do you feel like when you first board the mother ship. Death...! yeah... for someone who has been growing and dreaming and aiming high all his life (only such a person usually boards the mother ship)... where do you go once you join Microsoft...

There are goals like achieving targets, promotions, accolades; growing the ladder... But is that it...? Does life have nothing that big left...? Big enough like the ambition of joining Microsoft...? This is what I went through the first 3 months of my career...

I had to come up with something... So I did... A lot of people had been telling me that I write good... Specially my girl... who happens to be a huge inspiration... So I decided I would write a book... after a lot of thought and pondering... I decided  I would write something on Engineering Excellence... A subject that never goes out of scope. Number of reasons why I decided that... Since this is my first book it would take a lot of time... to even start it... Anyways coming back... spent 5 more months in all this pondering... and I still haven't written a single word or done nothing towards writing... Hell I am too stuck with my stretch initiatives at work and my mundane responsibilities...

So I decided I would start the book in December. Till then I will prepare. Build a monster machine that I have been planning for some time, read, read, read and read...

And then it happened. Ray Ozzie came to Hyderabad Campus... Short talk he gave and I got my next big thing. Joining the Microsoft India Development Center (IDC), which happens to be the products division in India. I will start preparing today itself and it is a one year target... I should be in IDC before 2009 December... I am giving myself enough time because I have to get married somewhere towards the end of 2008, and a honeymoon follows, and then the initial distractions of marriage and setting up a house and so on and so forth.

I also have to work on the monster machine, the book... although working on the book pretty much goes hand in hand with preparing myself for IDC... But still... I am sure IDC would require something more than just Engineering Excellence.