Interview Questions Headline Animator

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Marriage and the movie maker

I am getting married. That's right. Well I don't know about the other parts of the world, but 32 is a little late to get married for people resident in India. All my friends are married and have children of age ranging from 4 months to 8 years. Most of them started thinking that I am not ever going to get married. But well it is happening. But this blog post is not about that.

A couple of months back, my girl friend (the girl with whom I am getting married silly...!!) received a marriage invite from her friend which was quite innovative. They had made a nice write up with the Shrek Movie poster in the back ground. Sweet nothings about their relationship, about their attitude and chemistry. Being a girl, she was moved and said she wanted something equally innovative for our marriage.  I told her if a picture is worth a thousand words, we make a movie. And we did.

Now to stick the clips together, and to do the editing, I really didn't know what to do. So a friend of mine suggested that I download the ULead Video Studio, which I did, and installed it and used it to create the movie. Dainty little tool it is. The only thing that was left in the movie was the sub titles. Yes I made a movie and the subtitles would describe how the movie relates to our lives. That's when the trial period for Video Studio got over. Now I was in a fix. I didn't want to upload the movie with no subtitles. Talking about it around the cafeteria, Dhananjay, reminded me of the Microsoft Windows Movie Maker.

That's what this blog is all about. I did upload the movie without the subtitles, but as we speak, or rather as I write this, the Movie Maker is publishing the movie with the subtitles. I am going to upload the movie once I reach my workplace. The whole point is Movie Maker is a nice tool, that comes free with Windows since Windows ME. When it was released initially, it faced some poor reviews. But it has come out pretty well it seems.

As Wikipedia quotes it, "Windows Movie Maker in Windows Vista includes new effects and transitions, and support for the DVR-MS file format which Windows Media Center records television in. The HD version in Premium and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista adds support for capturing from HDV camcorders. The capture wizard will create DVR-MS type files from HDV tapes."

Just giving Windows Movie Maker the credit it deserves...