Interview Questions Headline Animator

Monday, June 05, 2006

Entry for June 05 2006

The problems I am facing here… in the United States… the dream country for every other country in the world.

The company that was taken over by Kanbay has some funny people working here. A few days back the manager of the project made some funny comments about the Kanbay culture in public. The comments were so rude that he had some team members coming to me and asking me as to how really Kanbay was.

I had to take him into the “Kitchen”. Now a “kitchen” is a place where someone takes someone to give a thrashing. It is actually a kitchen here. And whenever someone wants to talk something personal, or give a thrashing of some kind one on one… he is taken to the “Kitchen”…

This manager has about 10 years of more experience that me and I had to take him to the kitchen to tell him not to pass rude and inappropriate comments in public.

The two days later I had another problem… Henry my manager told me that one of the good senior consultants offshore, Madhu is being released… Now resource was a problem right from the beginning… first we didn’t get enough resources… later we had then one of the guys had faked his resume and he was fired… and now Madhu… so that was a problem… Henry and I discussed and the resolution that was supposed to be suggested was that Madhu Stay and Prajyoth leave. The reason being Prajyoth is just billing half of his time and is not a technical guy… Prajyoth could shadow him for a couple of days while Madhu gets trained…

So the next day I talked to the manager… suggesting him regarding Prajyoth’s release… He sent out a mail to everyone making the same suggestion, and suggesting in the mail that it was his idea… and basically suggesting that the Kanbay management is slow and lousy with the resource management… Henry wrote a very simple single line mail to him telling him that this was already discussed and he didn’t understand where the confusion was…

Sunday I was coming back from a nice piano concert I switched on my cell phone and saw a voice mail… Kevin Moore had called me… Jonathan had written some really awful things about Kevin in the review that happens in Adjoined every year or so… awful and untrue… now Kevin asked some of the adjoined senior management guys to call me up and ask…

I called Henry to tell him the whole thing and ask for advice… well I didn’t get him… but left a very detailed voice mail…

All day I heard Jonathan talking with the senior management about stuff and nobody really called me up… I think Henry, Will Hardy and everyone in the senior management handled it and things didn’t come to me…

Damn I am facing some new problem every day… God knows what’s next…