Interview Questions Headline Animator

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Microsoft...!

I think it is time that I start preparing for the next level... It has been 2 years and I have grown from the role of being a senior developer... (Development, design, unit tests kinda role) to Onsite coordinator (managing offshore team, requirement analysis, technology pioneering, process compliance)... I have had so many experiences… web services windows services, windows mobile, writing utilities that automate a lot of menial tasks, etc. I have hardly spent any time on the bench or doing nothing during the last few years. Come to think of it listing down all those experiences would take an entire separate blog…

It has been a fascinating journey… Kanbay is a great organization in so many different ways… I have realized this after I have come to the US… two main reasons… One is I have noticed many companies working here… and second reason is that I have encountered and had first hand experience with the acquisition of Adjoined. I have helped Kanbay in integrating Adjoined by being the onsite coordinator of the first Kanbay – Adjoined project.

I have learnt a lot working here… and truly realized how good the Kanbay culture is. It is quite difficult to maintain the culture when the environment is competitive and there are so many different people of different kind of mentalities involved… And I think Kanbay has done a commendable job in maintaining a good people culture.

But the question is? What next? Well I know that I would love to do something that is closely related to technology. And even after 10 years or 20 for that matter, I would want to see myself exploring new technologies, facing bigger challenges. I would love to work on a product based company on Microsoft Technology. In fact the best thing would be to hop on to the mother ship and make a bigger impact.