Interview Questions Headline Animator

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Moving...

Moved to a new appartment... This is how it went... took a cab from the hotel at 10:30 on Saturday morning... came over to the new apartment... But the person who was already living there had not moved out yet and had not given the key to the landlord's wife yet... The landlord has gone out for some business trip and so his wife is taking care of things here...

So I thought I would take my laptop and go to some cafe... spend some time there and then when his wife gets the key she would call me... on my way there I called Binoy and he said he is in New Jersey and hasn't gone to Virginia this weekend... He also said that we should meet up at Manhattan... But then he is going to leave for Manhattan a little late...

So I called Kiran and he said that he is in Manhattan and that I should come over immediately... So I left immediately... reached at his office around 1.00... we had lunch... then we were leaving for edisson when I called Binoy to update him of my status... that's when he told me that he is also at Penn Station and that we should meet up... he made us walk up and down the 7th Avenue and broadway and bored us to death... It was raining heavily... So I had bought an umbrella before I met Binoy... I had my laptop which was very heavy... I carried it along with me in one hand and an umbrella in the other and basically it was not a very pleasant experience... Binoy was there with Pratiksha and that was the only good thing about the whole thing... Nice girl...

finally we decided that we are not walking any more and going for a movie... Kiran and I went for Scary Movie 4...

I called up my landlord after the move to inquire whether he has the keys or not and he said that his wife does and I also inquired whether she could spare a mattress or not and he said she could... after that we came home... walk to the Penn Station, train journey back to Hicksville and a cab home...

Picked up the mattress from her came in.. we didn't have anything to sleep inside... and it was very cold... the heater I think wasn't working... so wore our jackets and went off to sleep...

Kiran was basically planning to stay with me for 3 months or so... and he wanted to guage how much time it takes for him to reach office from here...

Sunday morning we decided that we go to manhattan then we decided that I don't... then we decided that we both do... after a lot of confusion we finally decided that we both go to Manhattan... from there we went to Pritesh's place... We did our shopping had a couple of beers and then these guys dropped me at the bus stop...

I caught a bus back to manhattan and then a train ride back to Hicksville... and finally cab back to home... came home and un packed... I hadn't un packed until now... i took a bath and freshened up and now I am writing this... don't have any money in my pocket and don't feel like going out... so didn't have any dinner... pretty hungry actually...

I will have to inform Jonathan that I would be late tomorrow because I have to figure out the public transportation out here... I have to shop for food stuff so I don't have to go hungry again...

I also have to figure out where the laundromat is... Lots of work... times are going to be tough... but I have my independance...