Interview Questions Headline Animator

Thursday, April 20, 2006

There was a VPN connectivity related meeting in the morning. Somehow this guy Nitin Arora who was supposed to be testing the connectivity from offshore thought that the issue was resolved and he actually had the balls to call the meeting off. I raised the meeting request and he had the guts to fire me a mail that the issue has been resolved and the meeting is not required any more and left for the day. Well of course he is not on the project and he was just helping me out... But then when you take a responsibility on yourself... you have to finish it properly... Of course I can't scold him or anything... because he was just helping me out and officially it is not his responsibility... well what the hell I wouldn't have been able to scold him even if he was responsible... But things like these go into the performance appraisal you know...

In the meeting there was another issue raised... Prajyoth said that the IT team told him that they have to know who is going to pay for the licenses... He actually found out the prices of the licenses and sent across the budget and quotation... If you are aware of the Kanbay way of doing things... Kanbay has a corporate MSDN subscription which means that we have the licenses and we can just go ahead and reuse it... of course they are on a per seat basis but then who uses the Visual Studio 2002 these days... I am sure we have not run out of the licenses... Under no circumstances do we need to go out and buy a license per seat... I told them that the licenses would have to be billed to the project... but that is just an accounting issue... there would definitely be no extra cost for using them... except for the out of the league license for Component one... that does require approval from the project manager which has been taken care of...

I fired a mail to Prajyoth regarding the new people who are joining the project so that their paperwork can be started off... new ids would be created for these new people and GP needed the exact names of the people joining so that the paperwork and the id creation process can be initiated... Prajyoth mailed me back the names and the process got kicked off...

I called up the new land lord Raj Chakraborty and I confirmed with him about whether he could get the money or not... I also confirmed with him whether I could move in this saturday or not and he said I could...

I left office early today at 6:00 and came to the hotel room... I watched back to back episodes of Seinfeld, Everybody loves raymond and friends. After that I took a shower and now I am writing...

Later in the night when these guys come online, I have a plan to talk to them regarding the set up issues and the license and installation of software issues... I have to schedule another session of the VPN Connectivity issue... This has been delayed way too much... This needs to be taken care of as quickly as possible... I boast to people that Kanbay is very swift in these activities and is very efficient in delivery... I have to back it up... otherwise it would be quite embarrasing...

Didn't feel like having dinner today so had some pringles... that's that for the day... it was quite a hectic day though...